The purpose of Supported Living Services is to provide social and community integration for clients served in the least restrictive way possible.
California Vocations started its Supported Living Services program in 1996 to accommodate developmentally disabled individuals who benefit from living in their own home as opposed to living in a congregated living environment.
Individuals and their families work with Far Northern Regional Center and the California Vocations management team to develop a service plan specific to their needs.
Services are designed through a person-centered planning process and may include:
- Health and medication management
- Personal wellness plan
- Home maintenance
- Meal preparation assistance
- Assistance with skills of daily living
Benefits of Supported Living Services
- Ability to make your own life choices
- You own or rent your home
- You choose where you live and who provides your support
- No upper age limit
- Staff and services are provided as needed
- Housing is separate from services, so as your needs change your home does not
- A person-centered support plan is developed around an individual’s needs, abilities and dreams
The Supported Living environment is safe and stable with compassionate and well-trained care providers who are committed and hard-working.
- Bill McGuire
When I talk with the manager and attend my son’s meetings, I feel like part of a team that is working with and for my son to make his life better.
- Joan Goodreau
Supported Living Services has been a blessing to us as her parents, as well as to her. She has loved it and we know she is in a safe environment.
- Margaret Hawe
I think I am California Vocations most vocal cheerleader - the staff we have interacted with over the years are just wonderful, capable and dedicated people.