“Supporting Adults With Developmental Disabilities With A Place to Live, Work, and Play”

Adults with Disabilities

Services for Adults with Disabilities

Recreation and Education

Butte Community College—Disabled Student Program and Services


Offers support services at no cost to Butte Colleg students with physical, developmental or learning disabilities. Their computer Center offers adaptive computer access with assistive technology.


2233 Fair Street
Chico CA 95928

Organizes events, dances and trips for adults with disabilities

Read More »

School-Age Children

Resources for School-Age Children with Disabilities

You and your child begin the journey that will give them the skills they need for their lives. This journey will require persistence and team-work with all the people your student will work with.

  1. Where to Begin

    If your child is having difficulty in school, and you suspect that he has a disability, you can request to have her tested with the school psychologist.

    You can also go to your local Regional Center and request an intake assessment to determine if your child qualifies for services. Check out their website www.farnorthernrc.org. If they are not accepted for services, you can try again if you still feel that your child may have a developmental disability.  You may request assistance with your appeal from the State Council on Developmental Disabilities or the Client Rights Advocate.  The Northern counties of Butte, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, Trinity are served by Far Northern Regional Center.

  2. Where to Go For Help

Read More »